Erik’s buys Sioux Falls Two Wheeler Dealer bike shop, opens Friday
A local bike shop was purchased by a Minnesota bike dealer with stores in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas and Wisconsin.
Erik’s announced Wednesday that it has purchased Two Wheeler Dealer, located at 3315 S. Spring Ave. in Sioux Falls.
The deal closed on February 1 and the store closed on January 31 to prepare for the change. On Friday, the Bloomington, Minn.-based company reopened the location as an Erik’s store.
“We have worked closely with store owners and managers Kamp Kirsch and Christie Kennelly to ensure that we continue with what makes the store great,” said Erik Saltvold, founder and owner of Erik’s, in a press release. hurry. “The name of the store changes, but you will see the same faces. We are so happy that Kamp, Christie and the team continue to run the store and provide the excellent customer service the store is known for.
Erik said a lot about Two Wheeler Dealer wouldn’t change, including its support of the local cycling community and store rides, including the Moon & Stars Ride.
“We will continue to support local groups like Falls Area Bicyclists and Falls Area Singletrack,” Saltvold said. “This shop has been a great friend to the cycling community and it is important that this continues.”
In his purchase announcement, Erik pledged to keep Two Wheeler Dealer employees and honor the store’s gift cards.
But the company previewed some upgrades in the store:
- More bikes, including what Erik promises are the largest selection of Specialized and Bianchi bikes in the country, and the largest selection of Santa Cruz mountain bikes in the Bidwest;
- electric bicycles;
- Skis and snowboards and winter clothing, including Burton, Volkl, RIDE, K2, Capita, Helly Hanson, 686 and more;
- Maintenance and repair of skis and snowboards from October to February;
- Full integration with shopEricks.com, the company’s online site, where shoppers can shop online and pick up in store, or have products shipped.
Erik’s was founded by Erik Saltvold in his parents’ barn in 1977 when he was just 13 years old. He still owns 100% of the company.
In its press release announcing the purchase, Erik’s included the following FAQ:
Q: Who can I contact at ERIK’S if I have questions?
– A: If you have any questions, don’t hesitate! For general questions, please contact Steve Parsons ([email protected]) or feel free to contact Erik ([email protected]).
Q: When does ERIK’S officially take over?
– A: We repossessed the store on February 1, 2019. The store will be closed from January 31 to February 7 during the transition. We will reopen on February 8 as ERIK’S.
Q: Will ERIK employees replace staff at the two-wheeler dealership?
– A: No, you will continue to see the same great team! Kamp and Christie will continue to run the store.
Q: What about Two Wheeler Dealer gift cards?
– A: We will continue to honor Two Wheeler dealership gift cards and service bikes that were purchased at the store with the same benefits.
Q: What about career opportunities at ERIK’S?
– A: ERIK’S is a growing company that creates opportunities to develop your cycling career! See shopERIKS.com/Careers for available opportunities. If you love bikes, we’d love to hook you up.
Q: How does ERIK’S invest in its employees?
– A: We believe that investing in our people is the key to our success! ERIK’S has a team of trainers for both sales and service. ERIK’s training is unique and not found anywhere else in the industry. New and existing staff receive extensive product and customer service training. This ensures that our employees are experts in the latest equipment and our customer service is second to none.
Q: How does ERIK’S support the cycling community?
– A: We believe in supporting events, defending and promoting the sport of cycling! We look forward to supporting the Sioux Falls cycling community. The list of groups we support includes NICA, local mountain bike advocacy groups, statewide bike advocacy groups, charity rides, and more. Learn more at www.shopERIKS.com/CommunitySupport.